Frequently asked questions
Here you can find frequently asked questions and their answers. If you require any more information or have any questions please feel free to contact us by our contact form.
- How do I resize or get streams into Full Screen Mode?
- If you wish to resize the size of the stream screen, you can double click on the screen and it will resize and go in to full screen mode. If this does not work for you, you may not have the proper settings enabled within Windows Media Player or the plugin being used.
- How do I exit fullscreen mode?
- As mentioned before, TvTube streams can be made fullscreen by double clicking the view window. Once in this mode, TvTube will expand and take up the entire screen and show your selected video stream. To exit out of this mode, simply hit the escape button and you will be return to the normal sized player. If you hit the space button or click on the mouse, you may end up pausing the stream - in which case you can simply hit the space button or click the mouse to resume the stream. However, in most cases you will not be able to pause the stream because it is live.
- Why are some of the channels slow to load or lagging at times?
- This often occurs on slower connections, but can also come about if you reside far from the channel's broadcasting source, or if you are running network intensive applications, such as p2p and download managers. Some times the channel may be hit with a lot of traffic and this could cause a slow down in the loading and viewing of the channel. Also your internet connection may be slowed down by various network intensive programs, and quitting these programs could help resolve the problem. A great tip is to try viewing a channel at various points in the day, as internet traffic and speeds fluctuate throughout the day and you could get better performance from TvTube and the Internet itself by accessing it at a later time in the day.
- Channel X doesn't seem to load, or all I see is a black box?
- You may need to wait a while for the TV channel to load. Depending on the speed of your internet connection and your geographic location, the load time can vary. A faster internet connection will result in greater throughput allowing you to watch the streams without any lag or buffering delays. However, slower connections and those residing further away from the broadcasting source will receive buffering delays (eg: lagging video, stuttering). On a broadband connection, the average wait time before the video starts is 20 to 30 seconds. If the video does not start after a full 2 minutes, it is likely that the channel may be temporarily offline or broken, in which case you will be able to report it as broken/invalid!
- How do I rate Channels?
- You can rate channels according to their content, quality and overall entertainment value by hovering your mouse over the ratings bar that appears for each channel (under the stream), and then click on the desired rating for that channel. The greater the rating you provide, the more entertained you were by that channel.
- I have a suggestion.
- We'd love to heard it, please use our suggestion form to give us your ideas, interests and feedback on the site. We appreciate all feedback, but please maintain discretion on what you write and provide constructive criticism.